Week 50 - Planets
- It was our eighth wedding anniversary this week. Although we've got a night out booked in for babysitting with grandparents later this month, the day itself was decidedly low-key. When the boys were finally in bed I made some dinner and we shared a bottle.
- The Premier League is back. Arsenal's transfers are exciting and the stupid hope (that kills you) has returned. Beating a bogey team, Palace, away is a superb start.
- Both of the boys enjoyed their summer cricket practice on Saturday morning. It's an early start, but that doesn't bother them. H's batting is already far better than his father's.
- L planned a day out in London on Sunday, starting with Ted's Space Adventure at the Planetarium in Greenwich. Youngest boy, C, is currently obsessed with the Solar System and loved every second, excitedly shouting out answers to the narrator's questions.
- We then had a picnic in Greenwich Park and took the Thames Clipper boat to Tate Modern. The boat was a disappointment (expensive, long wait, slow, no air-conditioning), but the boys loved The Obliteration Room UNIQLO Tate Play exhibit, adding their stickers. I was then fleeced for four ice creams from a van outside... £18.50! I thought cones were supposed to be 99p?