Week 67 - Tree
- I’m very proud of my team this week. We delivered a big release of our platform exactly when predicted and planned, despite a few last-minute blips. Success in my role is my team’s successes, so it’s pleasing when everything comes together.
- Grown-up house stuff: new console table in the hall on which to put things.
- I took the day off on Friday for a lunch in Paddington with a few ex-colleagues. We meet up a couple of times a year, enjoy a few bottles of wine and chuckle about the old days. It’s always worthwhile, but the next day is necessarily very quiet.
- Our Christmas tree is up. L just about coped with the boys and me not decorating it exactly as she wanted. Too much tinsel and poor bauble grouping, apparently. Obviously the lights are wired to a smart plug so I can turn Christmas on and off via Alexa.
- England are starting to look good in the World Cup. After a slow start they really clicked against Senegal. Of course it’s France next, but Saka, Foden and Bellingham are playing without fear. It’s on!