Week 78 - Belgium
- Our holiday continued at Center Parcs in De Haan, Belgium.
- We all enjoyed Aqua Mundo, the swimming pool/slides/rapids dome. And the boys loved the soft play which had an accompanying bar for us. Adults could sit alongside and order table service drinks via a clever QR-code ordering system.
- I was annoyingly waylaid for 24 hours by a painful stomach bug. I blamed a suspicious burger from the previous night. Buscopan to the rescue.
- During the week the boys/we tried climbing walls, bowling, pool, mini golf and more. All very accessible on-site. We also had a big game of beach football between parents and children on one of the nearby sandy beaches.
- There were birthdays for both C and L and so we had a day trip to Bruges. We ate fancy waffles at OTTO Waffle Atelier and dragged the boys around the streets to look at buildings in the rain before an early dinner for them at Ellis Gourmet Burger.
- Evenings were a bit quiet with the children in bed upstairs, but we managed one night out for drinks, with Andy’s teenage nieces babysitting. It coincided with Arsenal’s loss to Man City which I mercifully missed.
- The Center Parcs in De Haan is clearly not a luxury resort, but it was perfect for our families and much cheaper than the equivalents in the UK. Recommended.