Rather predictably, we didn’t get the dream house. To quote the landlord, “I’d rather wait for a few more applicants before I make up my mind.” Which translates into, “I don’t want scummy British backpackers dirtying up my ‘funky’ house. I wouldn’t rent to you lot if you were the last $500-paying tenants on the face of the Earth.” Back to square one, then. Actually, we’re going back today to put a final, $600 offer on the table to tempt him so maybe maybe.

Had my Select job agency interview today which was easy. Sadly, they only had telesales to offer me so I guess I’ll have to ring up and irritate some Kiwis! More promising is a phone call I had from Enterprise who had an interested client for me to meet. More (hopefully successful) news soon.