A few notes on fatherhood after my first week:
- Even though I was warned I still took sleep for granted.
- Changing a dirty nappy really is no big deal. But he soils them almost as quickly as I change them.
- It’s impossible to have too many vests or baby-gros.
- Ditto nappies and water wipes. The magic nappy bin is my friend.
- Muslins, cloths or wipes must be within reach at all times or else.
- For now he really does just want to feed, nap and poo all day long.
- My wife does the feeding so I do the housework. And quite right too.
- Leaving the house to drive to the supermarket was momentous.
- He may have irrevocably changed our lives and we may never sleep uninterrupted again but he’s worth it.