Week 68 - Santa
- It’s been icy-cold this week, the temperature barely reaching above zero. No snow yet, but plenty of ice and frost.
- I picked up a Belkin BoostCharge Pro as a late birthday present. It’s an expensive luxury on my bedside, but a convenient way of fast-charging my iPhone with MagSafe, plus my Watch and AirPods. I love having everything charge with one cable. I will not be taking questions on my Apple expenditure.
- We’ve put in our Christmas food order at our village butchers. As is now becoming traditional in our house, I plan to cook a big glazed ham on Christmas Eve, and then do a roast turkey and all the trimmings on Christmas Day itself.
- It was my first Christmas party at Privitar, held this year at The Little Orange Door in Clapham. It was quite a boozy affair and I unwisely found myself on the dance floor. A fun night, thankfully ending in an Uber home at a semi-respectable 1:30am.
- The brain fog had cleared in time for Sunday’s trip with the boys to Santa’s grotto in John Lewis. They’re still young enough to believe in the magic. C asked for a world map (he’s currently obsessed with countries and flags), while H wanted Pokemon cards, Pokemon Shield, Gang Beasts(?) and an XBox One (nope).
- I’ve not started my Christmas shopping. Time to post this and get a move on!