Week 80 - Underpants
- The job-hunting continues. I’m being careful not to write too much here while I’m interviewing, but I’m hopefully making progress.
- An engineer came to look at our broken washing machine. He said it needs a new pump and sump which have to be sourced from Germany, so we continue to be without a washer at home for at least another week. The universe clearly wanted me to order new underwear and socks.
- H’s football team have gone up a division. The opposition are now noticeably better and goals are harder to come by. So he was very happy to score a long-range drive on Saturday. His little brother was less impressed, sitting on a camping chair next to me, glued to Captain Underpants on my phone.
- Arsenal’s title tilt continues with two stunning wins. One a 4-0 thumping of Everton, the second a remarkable 3-2 against Bournemouth, won in the 97th minute after going 2-0 down. The belief is growing against my better judgement.
- We watched Fall. Unsettling viewing for most of the film because of the terrifying heights and situation, but a unique concept. Worth a watch.
- And we finished The Consultant. Enjoyable story, but completely bonkers. The soundtrack was strangely English: I noticed Prodigy, Doves, Edwyn Collins and New Order pop up.
- I write these weeknotes mostly for myself so I can look back. I don’t think of other people reading them. So it was nice to read a lovely comment from Zinzy on last week’s post - thanks!